Monday, September 9, 2013

Bringing in the new year with the bus

So I think I talked about this subject during the infancy of this blog (yes, I'm preparing for parenthood with this thing). But I will revisit the topic of the north side bus.
It was the first day of school today, and I know nobody really wants to hear about that, because, who cares? Anyway, it had to be around 3000 degrees outside and when I stepped outside to take the bus I literally wilted.
When the bus pulled up to the curb we saw four kind of scary faces staring out of the tall windows. They were the little kids who had been picked up at the new preschool that was just completed this year. They couldn't be more than four to five years old, and they were staring at us like the minute we walked on the bus they would go to hell.
Before we got on the bus we had to have a stern talking to about profanity and such because the little kids might be disturbed. My question was why the school had to shove kids from the age of 4 to the age of 18 together on one bus. Buy another bus or something! Geez guys.
On entering the bus it was actually hotter than outside, and now I understand what a poor lobster feels like when it's being boiled alive (which is how you cook lobsters by the way). The flow of kids onto the bus didn't stop either, they just kept coming, it was like a horrible nightmare, where I almost thought I'd have to double up with someone for my seat.... but don't worry. I would never. I deserve my space.
The man who is supposed to control the rowdiness and stuff of the bus was sweating buckets, he had a button down shirt on and it was dripping. When he leaned over to check the sign up sheet sweat dripped down from his nose and forehead onto the sheet, it was a little gross (actually a lot).
I'm just waiting until I get my license and can drive myself....well I'm not really sure how that's going to go either.

No comments:

Post a Comment