Thursday, September 5, 2013

What I did this summer

So I don't remember if I mentioned this or not, but I went to Interlochen Arts Camp this summer as an advanced drawing major (lol it makes it sound all fancy). So we all had to research a modern artist, do a quick presentation and make art in the same style or inspired by the artist we chose.
I chose an art collective called Barnstormers!. Basically they started off by graffitting barns in I think.... Georgia. Not sure. Then they moved onto other things and started showing in galleries, and what they also did were these long time lapses where basically one person painted a mural and then someone would paint right on top of it, either adding to it or completely destroying it.
So yup.
For my final project I made a time lapse using my iphone of different kids in my class drawing in charcoal.
Yay!

1 comment:

  1. That video was really amazing to watch-- that camp looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete