Sunday, September 15, 2013

What Etsy has done to me

I've realized that I have become the lamest person ever.
Maybe it's just because I went to way too much camp this summer, I've been changed forever.
But I can't stop thinking about crafts, like arts and crafts. Like camp stuff.
It's not even like I did arts and crafts at camp, I mean I did make friendship bracelets for a profit, but come on, I shouldn't still be thinking about that. I've realized there is so many ways to make money off of doing random stuff that whenever I see anything, like a bracelet in a store or something, I just think that I could have done that, and I could have been raking in that cash years ago.
Last year I discovered Etsy, and if you don't know what that is, just don't read this, or go look Etsy up or something. Well, it's a website, where people can sell the stuff they find or make online. I've seen stuff of the website that is super cool, silk screened t-shirts and handmade dresses and stuff like that. But then there are also things like handmade books and boxes and bracelets that are hilarious because they are selling them for one dollar and the shipping costs more than that.
But whatever floats your boat I guess.
So I started making friendship bracelets when I got home from camp, and made a couple cool ones in the attempt to sell them on Etsy. So I guess my weird handmade craft obsession (I wouldn't really call it an obsession because I don't actually try to make the crafts and because I don't spend hours looking at it online, but there's no other word for it) came from Etsy. Thanks Etsy.
I would still be making bracelets to sell,
but I'm not,
so.........
I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment