Monday, October 14, 2013

Sports

Well this is my 50th blog post!
woo!
In this very special post I'd like to revisit my favorite subject to discuss: gym, and sports.
This year shows no change in my skills because gym is STILL my worst class (after math and chemistry and some others). I don't know what's going on. Maybe it's because I don't try hard enough or because I just really can't get into a sport. I swear I've had fun playing a sport before, like I definitely have. I have vague memories of playing touch football in 4th grade, but I'm pretty sure that I was perpetually confused and just ran when they told me to. I also remember liking kickball, but then in 8th grade I missed the ball with my foot and I was done for. Maybe that was the moment that sports ended for me.
Sometimes I wonder why people watch sports. Why are they so entertaining? Because I definitely don't agree with almost all of America that watching sports is enjoyable. How are watching little guys running around on a screen interesting? Especially soccer where guys are literally just running, with a plan of course, but looks pretty random. Once every half hour the ball is kicked into the net, and everyone yells GOAL, and that's my favorite part.
I kind of understand basketball, because there is less running and more action, and it's kind of fun. And the games are awesome and super exciting. So in my rant against sports I will exclude basketball (which I used to play in 7th and 8th grade and I was super bad).
Now I will enter the realm of something I most 100% do not understand. JERSEYS. Why is it necessary to wear a persons jersey to lets say, a Bears game, is it for the image? Do you look more like a fan, or do you feel more like a football player? I don't even know. Maybe it's a creepy worship of the player, where the fan wants to be exactly like him.
I don't know.
I don't care (but I do care, I just don't want to talk about it anymore).
So yep.
I don't know if you could tell yet, I have a B+ in gym mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment