Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Indie Movies

I hate doing this, I really do. I hate being that person to type in "best indie movies" or "best movies Sundance 2013" into google. But I am that person. Or I have become that person.
It's not because I'm being pretentious and I think the only good movies are the ones with low budgets, maybe because that makes them more pure and unaffected by other goals, such as, earning money. I feel like people hate stuff that earns money, or that has the specific goal of money making in mind. I have nothing against hollywood movies or whatever, but in general I'm not a movie person. I'm more of a TV person, cuz TV goes on forever, for 8 seasons sometimes, and it never ends so you always have something to distract yourself with. It's great.
Movies aren't gratifying in the same way as TV is. Sometimes you watch TV just to waste time, and it doesn't matter exactly what you're watching because it's kind of entertaining and whatever. No, for movies you can't just want random ones and hope for the best. Because movies can be incredibly boring. Like super super boring, so you have to pick the right ones to watch. And maybe it's because I'm trying filter out a thing I have with quirky characters and douchy pretentiousness, I have to watch Indie movies. I HAVE TO. I just feel like they have so much more soul and character than some of the other movies out there, and maybe more of a personal feeling. I guess I feel connected to these movies (seriously not in an obnoxious way), but maybe it's because I haven't watched enough movies to compare it to anything.
So yes, I might create a movie list in the near future, because everyone wants my suggestions... am I right guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment