Monday, April 1, 2013

Backpacking

Sorry guys I haven't blogged, but I went camping in Utah so I was kind of busy. I also want to specify and add that I didn't just go camping, I went backpacking. For ignorant people, the different between the two is that camping is just when you set up a tent somewhere, it could be in your backyard or in Canada, and you sleep there and make dinner and play cards and do whatever else you want to do as you spend time in the great outdoors (or maybe not so great if you hate bugs or whatever).
Now, backpacking is when you walk, with a backpack obviously, to a place and then camp there. This involves many miles of trudging, carry anywhere from 20 to 40 pounds on your back.
Now I don't want to say I'm the backpacking expert or anything, because....oh boy.....I am NOT the person you want to ask for tips and things. It's not necessarily that I walk slowly as we hike....I blame it on the stumpy legs.
Thanks stumpy legs.
You make me feel nonathletic.
Wait, I am nonathletic, (gym grades cannot lie).
But lets get back to the backpacking. I think I'd call myself a trooper before anything else. My brother and dad can walk sooooo much faster than I can, but I think that's also kind of an effort thing also.
So to be more specific, we backpacked in Escalante National Park, which according to my father is some sort of backpackers paradise, because you don't get all those day hikers with their little kids and carefree attitude. No, none of that. You only come across the real hardcore backpackers, and some hippies of course. The trail we hiked on wasn't paved or completely set and we had to cross a lot of streams. Another good thing about the part of Escalante we hiked in was that we were in a canyon the whole time created by a river, so there was definitely no way to get lost.
Well anyway, I might talk more about the trip later.
See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment