Monday, May 27, 2013

Bike the Drive

It breaks my heart to announce that today I participated in a day of fitness.
I've been protesting athletics since day one, based on my view that it's a waste of time. Actually fitness is kind of important for being healthy and stuff, but it still isn't the most enjoyable activity.
Well today I biked the drive. If anyone doesn't know what this is, Bike the Drive is an event that the city organizes where the major highway, Lakeshore Drive, is closed, and people can bike up and down it all morning. Yay!
The slogan of this event is "move over cars, it's our turn".
So this year I pulled my lazy ass out of bed at 5:30 and biked a total of 30 miles. Look at that motivation! This is the first time I've biked the whole thing, I think it's because the last time I did it I was even less athletic than I am now. I would stop half way through and tell my parents that I had lost every ounce of body fat I had and that I was pretty sure my but was just going to collapse. Those bike seats hurt!
Well anyway, this year my bike was successful, I guess you could say.
So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment