Monday, May 13, 2013

Interlochen

So this summer I'm going back to Interlochen.
For all of you who have no idea what kind of place has such a tool-like name, I'll explain it to you.
It's an arts camp up in Michigan near the awesome city called Traverse City. When I say arts It includes music (band, orchestra, piano, ect.), fine arts (drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, whatevs), dance, theater (musical and not) and creative writing.
Sot it isn't just a performing arts camp, like Blue Lake and other places like that. For five years I've gone to Interlochen for music, specifically clarinet.

Six weeks of clarinet. Six hours a day. Every day.
It ruined me, no joke.

Interlochen is very much like school in the way that there is a set schedule every day and you attend classes and the teachers take attendance and stuff like that. Also, there's a uniform. For girls it's knee high socks, which are dark blue, neon red or baby blue depending on what division you are in. You wear a name tag at all times, which kinda weirded me out.
But anyway, getting back to what I'm doing during the summer, I'm going back to Interlochen. But not for Clarinet (thank jesus). I'm going for advanced drawing (yes, I'm super artsy (lol)). Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to Interlochen this year because I'll actually be doing an activity I really enjoy.
So I might talk about that more later.
Maybe.
(Probably (most definitely) not).

No comments:

Post a Comment