Saturday, January 5, 2013

Canada

I realize I have a lot of time on my hands rights now, so I'll write the post about Canada now.
Actually I don't have that much time. I'm supposed to be practicing clarinet because in 2 hours I have a seating audition.
Eh. Whatevs.
Well anyway, I'll start off by telling you bout my past skiing experiences. Downhill skiing, to clarify. I first went downhill skiing when I was five years old or so. I don't remember it that clearly, all I know was that the sprite in the cafeteria soda machine was just fizzy water and it was big disappointment.
OH YEAH. Now I remember. I SUCK at downhill skiing. I've done it three times, and especially in Canada where my family likes to go, even the green hills are super long and super hard and super....ugh. TERRIBLE.
So this year I didn't go downhill skiing.
Instead............I went cross country skiing. If people don't know what that it, it's like skiing, but for people who are too scared to go downhill and want to see 'scenery' (which is just endless snow with endless trees, and endless blue sky with mountains in the distance). It's mostly an old people thing. Not judging old people, or the young people who do it, just saying.
My mom loves cross country skiing. She doesn't want to go alone and my mom didn't want me sitting around all of winter break (not that I would do that or anything....). I think I cross countried like 20 miles, and I also went hiking with my brother. I was pretty sporty, or outdoorsy or whatever you want to call it.
But even though my mom loves cross country she is SOOOOO slow. No joke, it's like she's doing geriatric exercises while she skis. So me and David (my big bro) took the harder level of cross country path.
Not a good idea.
Every time we went downhill, well pretty much every time I started screaming, and I didn't want to die so I just aimed at a snow pile and wiped out in an epic manner. I think the most memorable experience was when four people were going up the hill while me and David were going down. It's hard to stop yourself, or control where you're going.
So I closed my eyes and screamed GET OUT OF THE WAY over and over again, while the people got really freaked out. I actually closed my eyes, not thinking of the consequences, and nothing bad happened so it's all good. Except when we had to turn a corner right when the downhill slope was ending. David was totally just standing in the middle of the path. So I screamed GET OFF THE STREET and then instead of turning I just went straight and landing in the snow and just sat there....For like five minutes.

Skiing is really not my thing.
Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment