Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Opinions on One Direction part 1

Okay. I have hated One Direction since they first started singing their little British hearts out on the radio. Their debut song was that incredibly annoying song called What Makes you Beautiful. If I recall correctly they're basically singing about how this girl is beautiful because she is insecure and has self image issues. They don't say she's beautiful because "she doesn't need makeup to cover up".  Instead that line is just part of the reason she doesn't know she's beautiful. They only really state that she's attractive because she's self conscious. This implies that men of One Direction are taking advantage of this poor girl. Also because they all like one girl it probably means that they have some kind of stupid ass plot to ruin her or something like that.
I also want to mention that I learned all their names two days ago. There's one guy named Zain, who I thought was pretty cool because he is half Pakistani and didn't like a douchebag as much as the other four members. But then I learned that he calls himself Zayn, and now I just think he's a tool.
I have to admit that their voices are pretty good, and their harmony is good as well. I don't hate all their songs, but I do have to say that their lyrics overall could use a lot of improvement. When I say a lot, I mean A LOT. They say some pretty dumass stuff no one should ever say.
I don't hate them anymore though, actually I kind of like them. Maybe it's because I heard one of their other songs besides What Makes You Beautiful over the weekend and they didn't sound all that bad. Also the music video was kind of sweet, even though they press the British thing way to much, but I will talk about that later. There's so much to criticize! It's crazy!
Well, that'll have to be another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment