Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Very First Accident

I know what you all are thinking. I'm about to recount the time when I was three years old and I peed my pants at a wedding, or when I broke my brothers arm, or when I kicked my uncle in the balls.
Well no. I'm not going to talk about that.
I actually haven't ever done those three things.
I'm talking about an accident of the grown up kind. A real world accident.
As some people might know I started driving last weekend, and I'm pretty much a pro. Lol. No. Well I went driving with my mom this morning, on real big kid streets. That wasn't the problem, I was fine at that. But then....my mom started thinking that I was actually good at driving.
She should have never assumed that.
So she asked me to park next to this giant ass jeep and I was like "Sure mom! I got this!"
So I was going to make a tight turn to try to get right next to this car. I was feeling pretty confident, and I was in a mode where I thought I couldn't do anything wrong. I was parking near the beach, so there were tons of empty parking spots. But I was practicing.
Well I turned in real tight, and I slammed right into the jeep. Like right into it. I hit the car. I did. No denying it. One week of driving. I failed.
Well anyway, the car alarm went off. I started backing away because I was in the mode of criminal fleeing the crime scene. But NO! NO WAY, there was a giant black lady in the car. She was your classic pissed off grocery store cashier who yells at you for buying too many vegetables and shit like that. She got out of that car and yelled "Why did it have to be my car! Why couldn't you have hit any other car! There were so many parking spaces to chose from!"
It's hard to explain the tone of voice she said this in. But I thought I was going to be shot, or strangled, or knifed. I was literally trembling.
Oh and guess what else.......
I was driving my moms red mercedes.
How do you think her car looks now?
Yeah.
Thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment