Sunday, January 27, 2013

Opinions of One Direction Part 2

Well I guess people liked my last post about One Direction, even if I don't really remember what the heck I wrote. All I know is that it was one badly written piece of crap, so I'll try to improve with this one. Like my other post, I will be talking about one of their songs. This one in particular is called Little Things. At first this song was forgivable because I just thought "wow, poor guys. They didn't write the song, and now they have to be subjected to this embarrassment."
And then I learned one startling fact...They did write this song themselves. It's one of the only ones they've written. And I have to say they should call their team of song writers back on in from their extended vacation and tell them to get back to work. Also I think their music video producers were taking an elongated coffee break during the music video. Because if you think about it, the whole thing are just five semi attractive boys sitting in a high class studio....more specifically sitting in a soul circle, facing each other, and singing at each other. I can't even sing to my cat, I don't understand how people can sing at each other, I bet it's awkward as hell. Also it looked like one of the boys had a serious self conscious moment because the whole thing looked like each frame had been de-noised until the bare minimum of details were there, so whoever had the gross ass acne was saved. De-noise. What a joke.
Any way, I'll get to the song itself now. I'll do it in a timeline fashion:

The first incident of bad lyrics would be this, contributed by Zayn: And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks. What does that even mean???? I would understand if he said that he was connecting your freckles, like joining your freckles with lines or something. But the way he said that is like he's attaching dots to her face, most likely stickers. That's just mean! Who would bully their girlfriend by sticking stickers on all their freckles to point them out to her. God Zayn.

Next awkward line, credits given to Liam: 
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs,
the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine, but I love them endlessly. Maybe it's just because I'm incredibly immature, but when I heard the words thighs I cringed. I don't know why! Basically he's like "Yeah girl, you're pretty chunky, and I know that you know that. But It's okay because I love your fat..." Wait, but that wouldn't happen. This is another example of One Direction taking advantage of self conscious girls. Their basically telling the female population out there that "you guys should all be our fans because we don't care what you look like, we just love you, so you have to love us, and....what the hell am I talking about????" Yeah. 

This one has to be the most cringable line, sung by the one and only "I only date older woman" Harry: I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape, you never want to know how much you weigh (sounds like how much you ate in song, which would be stupid. Because what did the poor girl do, blind fold herself while she ate and just shove it all in?) You still have to squeeze into your jeans, but you're perfect to me...........No. Just no. This confirms that they are singing their love to a self conscious overweight girl. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to offend anyone. You can be self conscious and skinny, and not self conscious and overweight. But the girl in this song is definitely those two things. This girl, if she was real, would feel so bad right now! If she was self conscious she would obviously want to hide all the stuff she feels bad about from her boyfriend. If her boyfriend is just singing about all her flaws to her in a song and then being like: yeah, it's okay that you're gross and you have freckles and you're fat, because I love you, so no matter what I say I'm being nice.
No he is not being nice. Also he's saying that she has to squeeze into her jeans...well, what do you want her to do, wear bell bottoms? Sag? Let her wear whatever the hell she wants. God. 

So that was my post about One Direction. I still have a lot more to talk about. I'm not done with you One Direction.
Oh no. I am not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment