Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Falafel Lunch

I realize my blogging effort level has gone down, but that basically just reflects my effort level in general for all activities. For starters I want to say I got my braces adjusted yesterday, and it hurts super badly. I saw this kid from school at the orthodontists office, he was brushing his teeth at one of the sink station things. And I stood right behind him and was like "What are you doing here???" I think it really freaked him out. I have first period science with him, and we had a great discussion about braces during class.
Anyway, I'll get to the main point.
Recently my family has been really into middle eastern food. This basically just means my brother. He and my mom controls what my family eats (except I control the flow of graham crackers). My brother got really into middle eastern food after we went to Israel and Jordan. This includes an unnatural obsession with falafel, shwarma, babaganoush, hummus, and tahini. I have no problem with this food. Except for one small things. COSTCO FALAFEL.
No one in their right mind should buy little falafel patties that you need to defrost in the microwave from Costco. Don't get me wrong, I love Costco (that's where you can buy graham crackers in bulk).
Well anyway, my brother bought falafel and didn't buy pita, and so we've been eating plain falafel.
Do you know how gross it is to take my four little grayish falafel patties out of the plastic bag, put them on a paper towel and wait in the microwave line in the cafeteria???? No you have no idea. Because no one eats falafel for lunch.
The microwave line is a key social gathering point in our school, it's where all the hardcore gossip goes down (not really) and only the cool kids heat up their lunches (also a lie). But waiting in the middle of the cafeteria standing in a 10 person line all by yourself is incredibly awkward, as you wait for some noob to take 3 minutes to heat up water for the ramen cup noodles. It makes it more awkward when people ask what the hell you're holding in the plastic bag.
But I can deal with it, and become a food icon. Which I will do.
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment